Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi-dimensional Bar Chart defaulting to Stacked bars - how to undo?

Hi - I have a bar chart with Total revenue on the Y-axis, and Sales Group on the X-axis. I then set up Conditional expressions for drilling further than Sales Group on the X-axis (Group -> Line -> Network -> Profit Center), so four total dimensions. The conditional expression used for each is:

Line:                GetSelectedCount(Group)=1

Network:          GetSelectedCount(Line)=1

Profit Center:    GetSelectedCount(Network)=1

This gives the chart drill-down functionality. The issue is that when drilling down below the 2nd dimension (beyond Line), the chart automatically defaults to a Stacked Bar Chart. Any workaround for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure I fully understand.

What expressions / calculations are you using in your three expressions? Wouldn't a single expression with drill down dimension group do what you want? In other words, do you need to add a different expression when drilling down?

Or do you want to use mutual exclusive expressions, then maybe add to the conditionals something like

Line:                GetSelectedCount(Group)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Line)=0 AND GetSelectedCount(Network)=0

Network:          GetSelectedCount(Line)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Network)=0

Or check the drill down group dimension using GetCurrentField( GroupName) in the expression conditional.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure I fully understand.

What expressions / calculations are you using in your three expressions? Wouldn't a single expression with drill down dimension group do what you want? In other words, do you need to add a different expression when drilling down?

Or do you want to use mutual exclusive expressions, then maybe add to the conditionals something like

Line:                GetSelectedCount(Group)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Line)=0 AND GetSelectedCount(Network)=0

Network:          GetSelectedCount(Line)=1 AND GetSelectedCount(Network)=0

Or check the drill down group dimension using GetCurrentField( GroupName) in the expression conditional.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan! I probably explained poorly, but it looks like I was just forgetting the 'AND' portions of the conditionals you added above. After following your example, it worked. Thanks again