Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple conditions under if statement in QlikView Script

I am trying to create a field/dimension based on multiple if statement.

However, I get error if I try to use multiple conditions under one if statement.

For example:-

if([Country] = 'France ',[Valid_YN]= 'Yes',[Code]= 'AA5','AA6','AA3',[Branch]<>'221,'223','224',[Amount1],'0',

if([Country] = ''France' and [Process]  = 'A','B' ,[Company] = 'X',[Amount1]+[Amount2])) as [Net_Amount]

Could any one please help me to work on the right approach towards this issue ?

Thanks !!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

mot sure it thats what you want,

if([Country] = 'France ' and [Valid_YN]= 'Yes' and match([Code]='AA5','AA6','AA3')>0 and match([Branch],'221,'223','224')=0,[Amount1],'0',

if([Country] = ''France' and [Process]  .... same as above

you Need to use and/or  to separate the different conditions

View solution in original post

7 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

1) You need to use "and" and "or" instead of comma between your conditions.

2) You need to use Match() instead of a test against several values, e.g.

Match(

, 'AA5','AA6','AA3')

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

mot sure it thats what you want,

if([Country] = 'France ' and [Valid_YN]= 'Yes' and match([Code]='AA5','AA6','AA3')>0 and match([Branch],'221,'223','224')=0,[Amount1],'0',

if([Country] = ''France' and [Process]  .... same as above

you Need to use and/or  to separate the different conditions

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rudolf...It works

tcreddy1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Greetings to all. 

Could any of you please help me why I am getting error  when use the following expression to display a number(result) in a text box with the following code: 

Req: I need to display num(SalesReps) in two branches.  

=Num(Aggr(If(<BrachName>='ABC'and‘XYZ’, Count(SalesRep))))

Thank you

Creddy

zototo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Hic, 

I do really appreciate your help as I got totally stuck with expression and seems like the answer to this post is the closest to mine. The only difference is that I'm working in Sense. 

Basically, I need a condition in expression when at the same time both Game Supplier 'PS' and 'GF' >0. I've tried different expressions but it gives me only count if any of Game Supplier is > 0,  to use AND and OR but it always shows an error. What can be wrong? 

if([Game Supplier] = {'PS'} and [Game Supplier] = {'GF'} and TermType = {'TB'} and match(COUNT_GAMES = {"=COUNT_GAMES > '0'"})>0,count(distinct SHOP_NAME),0)

count({ $< COUNT_GAMES = {"=COUNT_GAMES > '0'"}, TermType = {'TB'}, [Game Supplier] = {'GF'}>+ <COUNT_GAMES = {"=COUNT_GAMES > '0'"}, TermType = {'TB'}, [Game Supplier] = {'PS'}>} distinct SHOP_NAME)

Count({$<COUNT_GAMES={">0"},TermType={'TB'},[Game Supplier]={'GF','PS'}>} DISTINCT SHOP_NAME)

Count({$<COUNT_GAMES-={0}>*<TermType={'TB'}>*<[Game Supplier]={'GF','PS'}>} DISTINCT SHOP_NAME)

Looking forward to your answer and thank you in advance!

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi @zototo  Could you share the data along with the anticipated outcomes

zototo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you, but I am working in Qlik Sense and I'm getting errors. Do you have any ideas why?