Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple values within a single pivot table cell

Hi,

I have a multivalued field that needs to be displayed in a single column(or expression) in a pivot table. Is there a way to split a pivot cell to hold more than one value ?(Ideally, I don't want to add another expression/column or group fields together).

For a particular date, I have a field AM_PM which can contain either a null value, a single entry(either 'AM' or 'PM') or mutliple entries(both 'AM' and 'PM'). My purpose is to display a list of dates with the corresponding AM_PM values in a single column in a pivot chart. I am able to display the first entry in case of multiple entries for the field, but cannot read the second(multiple) entry in the field.

Date AM_PM Category

12/2/2010 - -

12/3/2010 AM 50

12/4/2010 PM 53

12/5/2010 AM 50

12/5/2010 PM 53

In the last case(12/5/2010), I can get the AM entry and category properly to display properly in the pivot chart, but not the PM entry.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Perhaps this?

concat(distinct AM_PM,'&')

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Is this what you are looking for?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your prompt response, Priyadarshini. If I understand correctly, you have used date and AM_PM as dimensions and then used sum(Category) as an expression to get the pivot chart you displayed I think. If I have understood correctly, that is not exactly what I need.

The display above is the exact format in which I need the chart. The colors in the cells are based on the Category field and the entry in the cell itself is the AM_PM field. Note that blank white cell, that is where there is an entry equivalent to the 12/5/2010 entry I mentioned earlier in the post. I hope this explains my query better. Thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

If you have "12/5/2010 AM 53 " will not show up .. Now I understand the problem

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Perhaps this?

concat(distinct AM_PM,'&')

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a ton John. That allowed me to read multiple values for a field entry and in turn display them the pivot cell.