Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Navigate to Bookmark page by clicking one of the value in the staright table

Hi All,

I have created the bookmark. I need to navigate the user to that bookmark by clicking the value from the straight table expression. I am able to navigate to that page by using the URL in the expression but I don't see the bookmark. Is there any other ways to navigate?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Varun

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How you want to select BM after navigate in straight object? Will you explain little in practical?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

I have straight table in Application A.

In Application B, I have created the BM.

In Application A, I have an 5 expressions.When I click on one of the expression value, I want users to navigate to BM in Application B.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think you could give 2 actions for that. But actions are not available in straight table. Let's wait some time marcus_sommer‌ can you land up here for thoughts

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

A table-chart itself has no available actions and the only direct way to jump anywhere would be the url-expression. Take a look here if you could enable it per url: AJAX and URL parameters which could generally select certain fields/values.

If not and if it needs to be really a table-chart (you should rethink if there are no other approaches with buttons or textboxes) you will need to use the selection of dimension-values behind the clicking of an expression-value to call any further actions. But this method isn't very easy to implement because a selection over an expression will be quite often a multi-field/value selection which must be evaluated with some checks (maybe on the active sheet) and mostly removed afterwards and you might need some dummy-dimensions to chain your action to a certain object.

- Marcus

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

By using URL in the expression in Application A, can we jump to the bookmark created in Application B?

marcus_sommer

Regarding to the above mentioned link it should be possible:

- Marcus

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

This is what I use in the expression as a link in Application A.

Sum(ID) &  '<url>http://google.com'

Where can I add &bookmark=<Bookmark ID>?

marcus_sommer

Do you want to call a bookmark within a qlikview-application or within your browser?

- Marcus

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Within Browser. I am basically trying to click the expression in QVW A and then it should navigate the user to QVW B with a bookmark selected.