Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need a report that counts orders placed after 6pm daily

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a simple report that counts the number of orders placed after 6 pm daily.

I have this expression that works with an if statement but won't work with set analysis.

If( Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= 18, Count(Distinct OrderID))

I'm using this set analysis statement below but it shows an error which I can't figure out..  It's supposed to count orders with times greater than 6pm.

count({$<Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission)= {">= 18"}>}OrderID)

Any suggestions to correct.  Thanks.

Don Saluga

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this:

Count({$<OrderID = {"=Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= Hour(MakeTime(18))"}>} OrderID)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be create a field in the script using the Hour function:

Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) as Hour_ELS.FirstSubmission

and then use this:

Count({$<Hour_ELS.FirstSubmission = {">=$(=Hour(MakeTime(18)))"}>} OrderID)

Not applicable
Author

you can use expression on value field Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission)

or you transform on scrip and use on set analisys

or implement a expression on  your set analisys

=count({$<ELS.FirstSubmission= {">=$(=date( Floor( ELS.FirstSubmission)+ (1/24)*18,TimestampFormat))"}>}OrderID)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all.  I can't make changes to the load script very easily.  I'm trying the set analysis statements now.

sunny_talwar

How about this:

Count({$<OrderID = {"=Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= Hour(MakeTime(18))"}>} OrderID)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. That worked. I would never have thought to put the OrderID = that expression.  Can you please explain your logic?  Very much appreciated.

sunny_talwar

Here we are using a search string to pick those OrderID where this (=Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= Hour(MakeTime(18))) is met. So in essence create a straight table with OrderID as your dimension and =Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= Hour(MakeTime(18)) as expression and you will see that all those OrderID where the expression is giving -1 will be included and 0 (when Suppress Zero Value is unchecked) will not be included. Read about search string here: A Primer on Set Analysis

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your  time and explanation.

sunny_talwar

No problem at all

marygrace
Contributor III
Contributor III

HI Sunny,

I am working in the same case, I am counting the orders specific date and time... I do not have idea how filter the selection

I already have by date: but I am not sure how add by Hours.

DeliveryTime.png

I send you my set analisis actual without Hour...

Count(

{$

<Date={"$(=Date(max(Date),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, _Id_Flag={0},Estatus_Cobranza= {'EN SURTIDO','FACTURADO','ENTREGADO','CONSOLIDADO'}, Liberado={1}, TipoDeEntrega -= {'SOLO FACTURA'},Year={$(vAñoActual)},Month=,Week=>

+

<Date={"$(=Date(max(Date)-1,'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, _Id_Flag={0},Estatus_Cobranza= {'EN SURTIDO','FACTURADO','ENTREGADO','CONSOLIDADO'}, Liberado={0}, TipoDeEntrega -= {'SOLO FACTURA'},Year={$(vAñoActual)},Month=,Week=>

}

distinct Numero_OrdenVenta)     )

I would like to filter by specific Hour: All Orders delivery until 15 Hours

Captura3.JPG

I have not idea if I just to need add Hours into actual set analisis

Thank you!