Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need a report that counts orders placed after 6pm daily

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a simple report that counts the number of orders placed after 6 pm daily.

I have this expression that works with an if statement but won't work with set analysis.

If( Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= 18, Count(Distinct OrderID))

I'm using this set analysis statement below but it shows an error which I can't figure out..  It's supposed to count orders with times greater than 6pm.

count({$<Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission)= {">= 18"}>}OrderID)

Any suggestions to correct.  Thanks.

Don Saluga

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this:

Count({$<OrderID = {"=Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= Hour(MakeTime(18))"}>} OrderID)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be create a field in the script using the Hour function:

Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) as Hour_ELS.FirstSubmission

and then use this:

Count({$<Hour_ELS.FirstSubmission = {">=$(=Hour(MakeTime(18)))"}>} OrderID)

Not applicable
Author

you can use expression on value field Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission)

or you transform on scrip and use on set analisys

or implement a expression on  your set analisys

=count({$<ELS.FirstSubmission= {">=$(=date( Floor( ELS.FirstSubmission)+ (1/24)*18,TimestampFormat))"}>}OrderID)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all.  I can't make changes to the load script very easily.  I'm trying the set analysis statements now.

sunny_talwar

How about this:

Count({$<OrderID = {"=Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= Hour(MakeTime(18))"}>} OrderID)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. That worked. I would never have thought to put the OrderID = that expression.  Can you please explain your logic?  Very much appreciated.

sunny_talwar

Here we are using a search string to pick those OrderID where this (=Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= Hour(MakeTime(18))) is met. So in essence create a straight table with OrderID as your dimension and =Hour(ELS.FirstSubmission) >= Hour(MakeTime(18)) as expression and you will see that all those OrderID where the expression is giving -1 will be included and 0 (when Suppress Zero Value is unchecked) will not be included. Read about search string here: A Primer on Set Analysis

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your  time and explanation.

sunny_talwar

No problem at all

marygrace
Contributor III
Contributor III

HI Sunny,

I am working in the same case, I am counting the orders specific date and time... I do not have idea how filter the selection

I already have by date: but I am not sure how add by Hours.

DeliveryTime.png

I send you my set analisis actual without Hour...

Count(

{$

<Date={"$(=Date(max(Date),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, _Id_Flag={0},Estatus_Cobranza= {'EN SURTIDO','FACTURADO','ENTREGADO','CONSOLIDADO'}, Liberado={1}, TipoDeEntrega -= {'SOLO FACTURA'},Year={$(vAñoActual)},Month=,Week=>

+

<Date={"$(=Date(max(Date)-1,'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, _Id_Flag={0},Estatus_Cobranza= {'EN SURTIDO','FACTURADO','ENTREGADO','CONSOLIDADO'}, Liberado={0}, TipoDeEntrega -= {'SOLO FACTURA'},Year={$(vAñoActual)},Month=,Week=>

}

distinct Numero_OrdenVenta)     )

I would like to filter by specific Hour: All Orders delivery until 15 Hours

Captura3.JPG

I have not idea if I just to need add Hours into actual set analisis

Thank you!