Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need an alternative function to Only() so as to return multiple values

Hi,

I am facing an issue where I need to constraint the months within the Application only if we have the data present for all the dates of that respective month present in the Application.

I have written the following expressions but it is unable to return multiple values as Only() works returns only a single value, in case of multiple values it returns NULL. I need to display these values within a list box.
I need to display multiple values for the field Month_name wrt the values that we get for month_calendar.

The expression which I am currently using is as follows:

=only( {<month_calendar = P({<month_calendar-={$(Variable6)}>} month_calendar)>} Month_Name)

I did try the following expression as well, but was unable to make it work within the list box, where this expression works perfectly in a text box but that's not the requirement.

=Concat({<month_calendar=P({<month_calendar = {$(Variable6)}>}month_calendar)>} distinct Month_Name,',')

The final expression that I am using is

=if($(Variable1)=$(Variable2),Month_Name,(only( {<month_calendar = P({<month_calendar-={$(Variable6)}>} month_calendar)>} Month_Name)))

where,

Variable 6=max(month_calendar)

Variable 1=date(Max(MakeDate(left(dateid,4))+(right(dateid,3)-1)),'DD/MM/YYYY')

Variable 2=(date(MonthEnd(max(Date)),'DD/MM/YYYY'))

If the condition is not met, this expression returns NULL, that is the issue.
Please suggest an alternative to fix this challenge.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

For list box, try like:

=Aggr(only( {<month_calendar = P({<month_calendar-={$(Variable6)}>} month_calendar)>} Month_Name) , Month_Name)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

For list box, try like:

=Aggr(only( {<month_calendar = P({<month_calendar-={$(Variable6)}>} month_calendar)>} Month_Name) , Month_Name)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tresesco, it worked