Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help on Sankey

I am new to qlikview and need alot of help. I have the following table structure and need a sankey diagram to visualise the movement. But somehow it is now showing anything, when i turn off the webview, it shows "unknown charttype". can anyone help me please?

my table structure:

IDCurrentJobTitlePreviousJobTitle
101Senior ManagerManager
102ArchitectAnalyst
103Senior ExecutiveExecutive
104DirectorSenior Analyst

The extension was gotten from https://bost.ocks.org/mike/sankey/

In the Webview mode, i am able to change the properties of the chart. But when i switch to normal view, it shows unknown charttype.

The expression is as follow:

Path (colon separated) = CurrentJobTitle : PreviousJobTitle

Frequency = Count(Distinct [ID])

This is nothing at all on the diagram.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Dylan,

Yes thats exactly what I am using plus the attached .qar file.

I would suggest

1- install the qar

2- create a brand new dashboard

and see if that works

View solution in original post

18 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Extensions are only available in webview I am afraid.

Do you get anything in the chart in webview?

Can you share your application and I will take a look and see

Please remember to mark this as helpful or the correct answer if I have helped you or answered your question.

This will help users identify the answers should they come across this thread in the future.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam, much appreciate your reply.

No, my chart is showing nothing, just blank canvas entirely.

Capture.JPG

In addition, i came across your newly improved version on Slightly Improved Sankey – Qlik and Dirty. Tried that extension but it is showing the same. Now sure what happen to my application though. hope you can help me

Attaching the sample dataset and the qlikview application.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Its the data it doesn't like for some reason, just trying to work out why, there is something the JS doesn't like, I suspect because sources can also be destinations and its creating some sort of weird loop in the script

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

‌Hi Adam, will you be able to share how you change the data so that the JS can read it and visualize in the chart? Or if you have done any different settings or expression? please share with me, thanks!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Dylan,

I will, sorry going to look to day, just need some focused time on it as its going to be a pain to see quite what is happening!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Capture.PNGYeah its just the data, because it loops the script can't work out how on earth it should display it, which is fair enough really, it just gets stuck in a loop trying to work out the breadth of the item.

I just tweaked the script and prefixed the current and previous jobs and that worked, but its not ideal for what you want I am guessing, but I don't think the Sankey will ever display quite what you want

Not applicable
Author

‌will you be able to share With me the 3 items that you've changed? The JS script, the excel as well as the Qlikview project  Please?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi,

I didn't change anything in any of those just the load statement:

LOAD ID,

'C-'& CurrentJobTitle as CurrentJobTitle,

'P-'& PreviousJobTitle as PreviousJobTitle

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam, after changing the load script, it still doesn't work for me. It is still showing a entirely blank chart. Just to confirm again on how we actually put in the expression for the dimension. Did you put in the following expression under the properties:

Path (colon separated) = CurrentJobTitle : PreviousJobTitle

Frequency = Count(Distinct [ID])

Thank you once again.