Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pathompong_vm
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need help with Section Access (value from multiple field).

I need your help about section access, I have data like this;

SKU       MODE           BRANCH
001        OFF                 8634
002        OFF                 8634
003        ON                  8000
004        ON                  8001
004        ON2               2005
005        ON2               2005

And I have section access like this;

USER        MODE        BRANCH
ALEX        ON                *
ALEX        OFF             8634
KIM           ON               *
KIM           ON2            *
MIKE        ON               *

What should to do next, create new field from MODE&'|'&BRANCH?

Because I've already created new field MODE&'|'&BRANCH? on Data Table and Section access table but It's not working.

Please help, I'm new here.

Many Thanks.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

One thing to be aware of when using the Asterisk '*' is that it does not mean all values, it will only represent any values defined in that table.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Design Blog post and note there are other links to other posts at the bottom of the link too, hopefully this will help explain things a bit more, but Lisa is correct as well.  With the setup you have, the only value all users are going to see is 8634, nothing else.  

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Help link as well: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.