Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help with previous Quarter period

Hi All,

I have one field period like 2015-Q1, 2014-Q4 , 2014-Q3 ... etc.

so i want current period comparison 2015-Q1 and previous period 2014-Q4 data. so any one can tell how can i achieve this ??

Thanks in advance !!

Deepak

11 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

number the periods so that you can reference the previous one in set analysis as current-1:

1     2014Q1

2     2014Q2

3     2014Q3

4     2014Q4

5     2015Q1

etc

Not applicable
Author

HI

Thanks for reply but not working !!

Deepak

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you attach sample then it would be easier to provide the solution.  You need to create a date field from the Quarter and then you need to use Set Analysis expression for get the previous Quarter value.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Take a look at function InQuarter().  Examples:

sum(if(InQuarter(Today(),DateField, 0), Amount)) - returns sum(Amount) for the current Quarter

sum(if(InQuarter(Today(),DateField, -1), Amount)) - returns sum(Amount) for the previous Quarter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

• Please find attached qvw.
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Ideally, this should have been taken care into the script itself by generating dual quarters. However, a workaround in the front end using string comparison, could be like in attached sample.

=sum({$<Period ={"$(=Year(QuarterStart(Date#(Period, 'YYYY-QM'),-1))&'-Q'&Ceil(Month(QuarterStart(Date#(Period, 'YYYY-QM'),-1))/3))"} >}Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco, Thanks for help but i m not getting output which i want when i selecting any other period it not went to previous period same year.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco, When you do the selection 2014-Q4, than it giving the value of 2014-Q1 so earlier i said it not went to previous quarter.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sorry, corrected.

PFA

=sum({$<Period ={"$(=Year(QuarterStart(Date#(Left(Period,4)&Right(Period,1)*3, 'YYYYM'),-1))&'-Q'&Ceil(Month(QuarterStart(Date#(Left(Period,4)&Right(Period,1)*3, 'YYYYM'),-1))/3))"} >}Sales)