Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rank() Function Issue

Dear All,

i want to get the citywise rank of the MEMBER according to his total. for example below is the sample table.

MEMBERCITYTOTAL
AMUMBAI100
APUNE50
ADELHI200
BDELHI100
BPUNE250
BMUMBAI200
BKOLKATA100
CMUMBAI50
CDELHI500

Now when i select Member 'A' i want to get CITY wise TOTAL along with the rank compare to other MEMBERS like

CITYA-TOTALRANK
MUMBAI1002
PUNE502
DELHI2002
KOLKATA00

Kindly note this is just for a sample purpose. the actual records have more dimensions (YEAR,MONTH,DATE,etc)

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do any have any idea how to do that

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you want static ranking then calculate in script itself it would very easier to handle.  Please try below script

Temp:

LOAD

INLINE [

MEMBER, CITY, TOTAL

A, MUMBAI, 100

A, PUNE, 50

A, DELHI, 200

B, DELHI, 100

B, PUNE, 250

B, MUMBAI, 200

B, KOLKATA, 100

C, MUMBAI, 50

C DELHI 500];

LOAD

If(Peek(CITY) <> CITY, 1, Peek(Rank) + 1) AS Rank

RESIDENT Temp

ORDER BY CITY, TOTAL, MEMBER;

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

i agree with you but original data have have lots of dimensions its not just MEMBER,CITY,TURNOVER, there are YEAR, MONTH, MEMBER, TRADER,CLIENT, VENDOR etc (many more) for that i needs first to make a new resident table with original table then do this on script level.

one more things . in example i do city wise, TURNOVER Rank(), same required to STATEWISE, then may also required to so in count() base etc etc.

doing this may its resource hungry and take some processes time but provide flexibility to  implement easily without changing the DATA MODEL, because we do lots of Ad-hoc bases reporting also.

Thanks & Regards,

Jitendra K Vishwakarma