Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharu055
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need to highlight the substring in blue color as below example

Hi,

I am having the input string as below i need the output  that particular last word must be in blue color as below output please help,

Input

As sweet as Apple

As sweet as Honey

As sweet as Sugar

As sweet as Mango

As sweet as Water

As sweet as Apple

As sweet as Water

As sweet as Grapes

Output:

sharu055_0-1659451215475.png

Please help.

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Within a single cell or a text-box or similar you could have only one formatting for everything. This means you need to distribute it to multiple cells - maybe two columns side by side or maybe another method to highlight a certain content, like: As sweet as APPLE.

- Marcus

sharu055
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

@marcus_sommer I need in a single column, As Sweet as APPLE. But APPLE must be in Blue color, as i need to use in straight table.

Please help

marcus_sommer

Like above mentioned it's not possible - at least not with a single column. Thinkable is the use of an extension - but I don't know an existing one and I doubt that it would be worth the needed efforts.

- Marcus

sharu055
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@marcus_sommer  Could you please help me how to do it in side by side column as per your first reply

marcus_sommer

You could for example use something like:

left(Field, index(Field, ' ', -1))

for the first column and

subfield(Field, ' ', -1)

for the second one to split the field-values appropriate and the first column will be right aligned and the second left aligned - and sizing the widths of columns. And by a right click on the second column and calling the option of custom format you could adjust the color of the left border to your background-color or maybe making it transparent with argb(0,0,0,0). The blue string-color could you set per attribute-expression (the small + signs by the dimensions/expression and choosing adding by text-color = blue().

- Marcus

sharu055
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@marcus_sommer  Could you please help to below question.

I have 3 columns in straight table. Team, Date, Result. Need the Sorting that Result column as primary sort that only only Won, Lost should appear as first and Tie, No  Result should come second and Date column should be as secondary sort  where  old dates should comes at first as ascending.  below are my input n needed output. please help

Input:

Team Date Result
IND 5/25/2022 Lost
CHI 5/15/2022 Tie
UK 4/22/2022 Lost
IND 4/31/2022 Won
UK 5/3/2022 No Result
USA 4/30/2022 Tie
CHI 5/31/2022 Won
USA 6/1/2022 No Result
UK 6/30/2022 Lost

After Sort Output need as below :

Team Date Result
UK 4/22/2022 Lost
IND 4/31/2022 Won
IND 5/25/2022 Lost
CHI 5/31/2022 Won
UK 6/30/2022 Lost
USA 4/30/2022 Tie
UK 5/3/2022 No Result
CHI 5/15/2022 Tie
USA 6/1/2022 No Result

Please help.

marcus_sommer

Your wanted sorting-order isn't quite clear for me unless you want to sort not only for columns else the values of multiple columns in combination in a way that they would exclude each other on a column-level.

In such a case you need to combine the columns within the sorting. The easiest way is usually to make all the values numeric and then to sum them. This means all string-values get also a numeric value, for example like:

pick(match(Result, 'Lost', 'Won', 'Tie', 'No Result'),
   dual('Lost', 9), dual('Won', 7') dual('Tie', 8)', dual('No Result', 0)) as Result

and within a sorting expression from the chart you may apply:

rangesum(Date * 10, num(Result))

Like mentioned above I didn't understand your ordering and therefore the result from this example may not fit for it - but the logic  to sum/subtract the values with a more or less large multiplication/division to one column to ensure that the rangesum-results couldn't overlap will work. Such playing with logic and algorithm is usually in a tool like Excel easier and faster as within a BI tool or a data-base - Just try it.

- Marcus