Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nested If statement help

Hello,

I am not sure how to properly set up my If statement to achieve the results desired.  Here is my code and what I am looking to do:

=IF(SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'Month'and 'New / Renew'),

Sum(EIF),

IF(SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'Month'),

sum({<[NEW RENEW IND]={$(vCombinedChoice)}>}[EIF]),

sum({<[MONTH-NUMERIC] ={$(vMaxMonth)}, [NEW RENEW IND]={$(vCombinedChoice)}>}[EIF])))

I have created a report builder and I am looking to change the results based on the selection.  If user selects both Month and New / Renew dimensions and anything else then I just want a basic sum of EIF.

If the user selects Month and anything else that is not New / Renew, then I want it to sum with new renew = combined or user selection.

Finally, if neither Month or New / Renew are selected then I want new renew = combined / user selection and month = highest month selected. 

My expressions are correct, I just need help on the if statements picking up the proper dimensions.

Thank you for the help,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this may be:

=If(SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'Month') = 1 and SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'New / Renew') = 1, Sum(EIF),

If(SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'Month') = 1 and SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'New / Renew') <> 1,

Sum({<[NEW RENEW IND]={$(vCombinedChoice)}>}[EIF]),

If(SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'Month') <> 1 and SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'New / Renew') <> 1,

Sum({<[MONTH-NUMERIC] ={$(vMaxMonth)}, [NEW RENEW IND]={$(vCombinedChoice)}>}[EIF]))))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this may be:

=If(SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'Month') = 1 and SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'New / Renew') = 1, Sum(EIF),

If(SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'Month') = 1 and SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'New / Renew') <> 1,

Sum({<[NEW RENEW IND]={$(vCombinedChoice)}>}[EIF]),

If(SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'Month') <> 1 and SubStringCount(Concat([_dimension], '|'), 'New / Renew') <> 1,

Sum({<[MONTH-NUMERIC] ={$(vMaxMonth)}, [NEW RENEW IND]={$(vCombinedChoice)}>}[EIF]))))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Perfect, worked as expected.

Thank you,

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It seemed to be correct, but when I input only New / Renew, it now comes up as a null value.  Any thoughts?

sunny_talwar

Awesome! I wasn't sure if I placed all the parenthesis correctly or not. But I am glad it works

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

New / Renew needs to exactly match what we have in the if statement. Spaces and cases needs to exactly match. Are they matching? If not fix the expression accordingly.

Or if you can share the application.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

It seems as there needed to be a statement where New / Renew =1 and Month <> 1.  I added that to have 4 total statements and it works fine.

Thank you again for the help,

Justin

sunny_talwar

Oh okay, I just saw three statements to begin with and was not sure if there were 3 or 4 different results. But I am glad it all worked out.

Best,

Sunny