Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anshulsri
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Not able to get Percentage format for a Large Number

Hi All,

We have some calculation in our dashboard , because of that we are getting number like -4.46428976454634e+014. If we convert it in decimal it comes in 16 digits. We have to get this number in % format and for that I am using '##.#%;(##.#)%' with NUM function. But eventually, for this number I am getting ()% since it is a negative number and not the full number.

Please let me know if anybody could help me on it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Your number is just too big (in relations to the number of digits) to be treated as a number in Qlik. If you don't mandatory need these exactness than you should reduce the number of digits maybe by dividing your results with 1 k/m/g and/or with a rounding-functions and/or with string-functions like left() or similar.

This is caused by the used number-system which is IEEE 754. Here some background to this topic: Rounding Errors.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Your number is just too big (in relations to the number of digits) to be treated as a number in Qlik. If you don't mandatory need these exactness than you should reduce the number of digits maybe by dividing your results with 1 k/m/g and/or with a rounding-functions and/or with string-functions like left() or similar.

This is caused by the used number-system which is IEEE 754. Here some background to this topic: Rounding Errors.

- Marcus