Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Null Values in a barchart

All,

I have a stacked bar chart with month and year ( Oct 2014) spanning across the x axis and a sum([Value) equation as the expression. Right now since there is no data for some months it is not displaying those months on the axis (e.g no data for Jan 2014  so it goes Dec 2013 to Feb 2014) . is there a way I can get those null values to show on the axis to see the trend?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello There,

Are the months (as dimensions) in the data model?  If they are, maybe you have 'suppress null' selected on the dimensions tab.

You may also be doing a where exists or a left join from a calendar to your facts, which wouldn't load months with all zero values.

If none of this helps, please post a QVW and we'll try to help!

JonasValleskog
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Have you unticked 'Supress Zero Values' on the Presentation tab? If you have and you still can't see your intended output, try this little trick that I've come up with for these type of null intersect scenarios:

Assuming your field name is MonthYear, add the following to the end of your expression:

+Only(TOTAL <MonthYear> {1<MonthYear={">=$(=min(MonthYear))<=$(=max(MonthYear))"}>} MonthYear)*0

Enjoy!

Jonas