Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Number formatting in dimensions

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with some issues at the moment.

When i try to export a chart to excel, it shows numbers as text. There have been a lot of topics on that already. Very frustrating that this bug seems to not be fixed.

Usually, you could go around the bug by using the num() function in the dimension.

However, i'm running into the issue that when i do that, i get null values in that column. So that means i get empty cells in Excel.

Anyone got an idea how to fix that?

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thought of that, but that's a bit difficult. Total environment is around 65 megabytes with personal information

You guys aren't running into the same issues (i.e.; it should be fixable?)?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's what reduction and scrambling are for: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I've masked as much as possible. Hope this helps.

It concernc (for instance!) the third column in the test1 chart and the first column in the small chart.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The document you uploaded contains section access, so I can't open it.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

My apologies, username is QADMIN, password is XS4RNA.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Add "0" to your expression, thus to force to always show a figure. This may assist Excel to choose the correct datatype.

Edith says: you better check your datamodel, as this number is not distinct, thus not being able to show a result.

HTH Peter

Not applicable
Author

could you please Try Num(NUM#(),####), #### stands for the format you are looking for.

Thanks,

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Which Qlikview Version are you using??

Since it is bug some previous version.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

I've already tried that, to no avail.

Not applicable
Author

Tried that too, by forcing a 1.

What would the data model alter that the number formatting in document properties wouldnt?