Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Numbering Dimensions on a Chart

We are attempting to prepare a barchart with a large number of dimension values, let's say 200.  To simplify this, we are liming the display to the "Top 5" and then show others using the options under Dimension Limits property of the chart.  When the user clicks on "Other", they see the next 5.  After clicking on other a couple of times, it is hard to remember how far into the list you are.  So we would like to number the entire list so you would see the first 5 as 1, 2, 3, ,4, 5.  When selecting "Other", you would see 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.  And so on as you drilled into the other intil you get to the last screen where you would see 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200.

I.e., I would like to generate the handwritten numbers in the following image.

NumberedList.PNG

Any thoughts about how to accomplish this will be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Anjos for putting me on the right track.  While it didn’t work quite as needed, it only took a few minutes to get from your idea to where we needed to be.  This is the expression that works precisely as intended:

=aggr(rank( sum({$<Dim2=>}Expression1)),Dim2) & ' - ' & Dim2

In this case, we were trying to rank agencies within a particular fiscal year.  If I understand Set Analysis, your expression ranked the agencies based on all expenditures loaded.

Thanks again

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Would it not be better to show the first 5, but then to display a scroll bar?

2013-11-16_00h12_10.png

2013-11-16_00h13_35.png

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Use an Calculated Dimension

=aggr(rank( sum({1}Expression1)),Dim2) & ' - ' & Dim2

where  sum({1}Expression1) is your first expression and Dim2 is your Dimension

99172.png

PFA

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Anjos for putting me on the right track.  While it didn’t work quite as needed, it only took a few minutes to get from your idea to where we needed to be.  This is the expression that works precisely as intended:

=aggr(rank( sum({$<Dim2=>}Expression1)),Dim2) & ' - ' & Dim2

In this case, we were trying to rank agencies within a particular fiscal year.  If I understand Set Analysis, your expression ranked the agencies based on all expenditures loaded.

Thanks again

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Hi, good to know you have resolved

Your expression differs on mine that mine disregards ANY selection and your only Dim2 selections.