Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OLEDB & Qlikview Crash

Hi there,

I wonder if someone already have this problem.

I connect my Qlikview through an OLEDB connection to a kdb database using kdb+ driver.

I use in expressions in my tabs some SqlValue() query on the Database.

Unfortunately, this works well for some tabs but on other, when selected the tab, qlikview is just closing by itself. And it was the same expression, just dimension changes.

Any idea ?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It could be related to the data model, but likely not the source database. Is the data all linked or are there some disconnected tables?

What version of QlikView are you using?

Not applicable
Author

All data that I load (trough the script) is in the same table and this works well.

And all SqlValue() refers to the same table (which has no link to other data). The query is a simple select.

Qlikview Version 8.50.6206.5

Not applicable
Author

Is is possible to load all the data that you need using the standard data load statement - SQL SELECT ...? Then you have all the power & speed of functions available on the associative data model, like: previous(), peek(), exists(), lookup(), etc.

Not applicable
Author

Yes it is possible to load all the data on the load statement.

The fact is that i then need to do selection on a table in order to get the righ value i'm looking for.

I mean that i have an expression like this one :

=

sum(CASH *

if

(CURRENCY=vCurrencyAgg,1,

SqlValue (vDataSource,'q) select VAL from FX where CUR1=`' & CURRENCY & ';CUR2=`' & vCurrencyAgg & ';' & Date(DATE,'yyyy.MM.dd'),'OLEDB'))

)

Assuming that CURRENCY depend on each line in database and vCurrencyAgg is an input box and DATEis also choose. Moreover i do others comparison using those data that obliged me to get the FXRate in an expression because i can't do all possible calculation before.

Is it possible to make SqlValue() on resident table ?

Not applicable
Author

Using or looking-up a currency conversion factor can be done a few ways. Two of them are:

1. Load all the currency conversion values into a table and link it to the transaction table or a link-table if needed,

2. In the load script, join the correct currency conversion factor to the transaction table and use it to add a column for the transaction amount in a second currency. This wroks best for 1 or 2 additional currency types - after that it starts to waste too much space.

You could continue with your approach only on a resident table, by using the lookup function -

lookup(

fieldname, matchfieldname, matchfieldvalue [, tablename] ) . See QV Reference Manual for details.