Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

OSUser() and QVUser()

I have an application which was using QVUser() USERID and PASSWORD for application security. I would then have a text box with the name of the Application as follows:

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 20.28.15.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-16 at 20.32.38.png

The expression in the text box is:

=If(QVUser() = 'CHITEMERERE CHRIS', 'Advanced Pharmaceutical Business Intelligence & Analytics Suite', 'Pharmaceutical Business Intelligence & Analytics Suite'). 

The above two text boxes show the two different situations for the expression.

I have now changed my security to NTNAME authentification.  How can the same end result which i had for the application name be achieved with NTNAME security?

Regards.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

everything to the right of the = sign should be in all capital letters - you have that for the domain but not the user portion of it

Not applicable
Author

Christopher - did that resolve the issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Adam, that works

Not applicable
Author

Excellent - glad I was able to help

take care

brooksc57
Creator
Creator

This can come in handy as well.

you can also change your connection based on user...when necessary...

something like this.

Let L = OSUser();   //---> note: for demo purposes  OSUser is   server\xyz

Let C = If(L = 'server\xyz','','');

imp:

load

from

$(C)

;

I have a user that leases a license from the server and likes to see updates he has made immediately.  But he doesn't need to update it live to the web server until the nightly batch.  This works great for that circumstance.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Adam.  This also helped me greatly when I needed to hide a tab from certain users.  I appreciate your help!

Ravi1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

can you please provide me with detailed steps for chart level security in qlik sense using section access