Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OnClick Event

I have a text object (TX1) that has a bunch of Action attached to it. I need to have another text object (TX2) that does everything that TX1 does and a few more actions. Instead of replicating all the actions of TX1 into TX2 I thought I could just get TX2 to 'click' TX1. But I can't seem to get it working. Activate Object seems to just highlight the object.

7 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Leo,

Can explain your last line a bit more?

". Instead of replicating all the actions of TX1 into TX2 I thought I could just get TX2 to 'click' TX1. But I can't seem to get it working. Activate Object seems to just highlight the object."

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

For example:

click on TX1 >> change color to green, hide some objects, show other objects.

click on TX2 >> [change color to green, hide some objects, show other objects] + show/hide some other object.

I dont want to replicate the Actions in TX2, I just want TX1 to be  automatically 'clicked' when TX2 is actually cliked

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You could use button instead, and try with macro like:

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU01").Press

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

You can achieve it only through the Macro. Button won't support such kind of actions as per my concern.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is a high cost associated with this kind of shortcut. For example, the macro probably won't work in an AJAX-client as UI manipulations from VBScript aren't supported.

Maybe you better take the object duplication route?

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

What's the benefit of having Text 2 click Text 1? I don't get it. If it's just to save time creating Text 2, then just copy and paste TEXT 1 and add the extra bits to it..

Not applicable
Author

I guess copying will be most efficient. It's a bit hard to explain, but I need to work with multiple levels tabs.

I tires using Container objects, but they are very difficult to work with, especially if you have one inside of the other and if you need to have things like lines together with other objects.

I already have a few buttons that do a lot of actions, I thought that if I could have another button that 'clicks' the button with many actions, it will be simpler to maintain.