Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OnOpen events alert Vs Document

Hello all,

I have an alert which I want to fire OnOpen but only if the client is the windows client (not the plugin).

The only way I can test for the client is via API with:

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.QTProduct

I could create a document OnOpen trigger that sets this value in a variable and then test the variable in the alert.

My question is, which fires first - the Alert or the Document OnOpen trigger? Obviously I want the OnOpen event to have set the variable before the Alert tests it but if not I will have to replicate the trigger action with a document OnOpen macro instead (and I want to email etc)

Any comments?

Thanks.

Gordon

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Actually, I can get around this by first setting off all the Alert events, attaching a macro as the document OnOpen event and then testing within it whether the Alert condition is satisifed and then if so forcing the Alert action.

My problem now is that the Alert mode doesnt affect the Alert condition and I only want to fire it if its interactive (not batch)....but how to test for that?

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gordon,

I do have a similar problem with the OnOpen event on Document vs Alert. I understand your alternative that your macro will fire the alerts. I guess you have used a similar code as follows:

set albm = ActiveDocument.GetAlertAndBookmark(AlertID)

'msgbox alertID & albm

set alertstatus = ActiveDocument.CheckAlert(albm.Alert, albm.Bookmark)

if alertstatus.Default then

set act = alertstatus.Action

ActiveDocument.PerformAlertAction act

end if

But for my requirements, I can't skip the OnOpen on Alert, as I am checking the security level of the user, and if it is set to "Stop all Module Script", then the macro won't be called...

Here is more detail of my requirements: http://community.qlik.com/message/140870#140870

Do you have any alternative in mind?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas,