Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open a word or excel file in Qlikview Access point nd

Hello Every one,

I need to add a button on a dashboard so that when some one clicks on it. It should open a word document.

So finally I created a button and in its properties-> Actions .. I gave the path of the excel file that I wanted to open if some who clicks the button and I achieved this.

But I need to open the same document in Access point when some user clicks the button. How may I achieve that. could some please help me on  this

I tried giving static path of the server in the Properties-->Actions of the button...but it didn't help. Please check the example that I achieved.

Thanks in advance

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Andre

Did you find a solution?

Having a similar problem here.

Thanks,

Brian

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes Brian, I've found the solution with a BIG help of bbt.

I dont' know what's your QVS setup but I'll try to explain the steps I've followed.

-I've pasted the file I want to open in the "live directory" (the same as your QVW files);

-In QMC > System > Qlikview Web servers create a new root folder with the path to the "live directory"

-In my case I created a text box to open the pdf file, with the action set to "Open URL" and the URL field like this

='http://qvs_ip_address/name of folder created in step 2/name of the file.pdf'

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

thanks alot

it is very useful

best regards

hamide