Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikFan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Open in server does not show all available QVWs

Hi,

While trying to open a QVW using: File --> Open is server --> qvp://...
I get an access to the requested server and folder, but not all QVW files are shown.

Can it be a license issue?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
QlikFan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found what the issue was - I didnt gave Authorization on the QMC on that document for me. 
After adding the  Authorization the QVW file is shown under the folder.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chundusandeep
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Open QMC.

Navigate to the SYSTEM --> Setup --> QlikView Servers

Find the  QVS cluster and Click on it. You will find the related Mounted folders shown in the window.

what ever you selected as browsable will be accessible when use the QVP Protocal (QVP:// Server name in the selected Cluster)

QlikFan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
The issue is that under the same folder I can see some of the QVW files and some I cannot see (while trying "open in server", when entering to the server I can see all QVW files under the mentioned folder).

Any ideas? 

chundusandeep
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Are you able to access those documents outside, means direct access is there for all the files in that folder ?
It looks like access restricted at document level.
QlikFan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

Indeed. I have an access to all files while trying to open it from the server, but while accessing from "open in server" (from another server) only 2 files are availble. 

Please refer the print screen of the "open in server" window, and another print screen of accessing directly to the server.

Thanks

OpenInServer.pngDirectlyFromServer.png

QlikFan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found what the issue was - I didnt gave Authorization on the QMC on that document for me. 
After adding the  Authorization the QVW file is shown under the folder.

chundusandeep
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

File Share level:
Yes, file share level permission are not restricted to view, we can only restrict to read/write/execute.
So you can see the file by opening the folder, even if you do not any of the above access to it ... just by having access at folder level.
QlikView Level:
It restricts even to view the file by checking the authorization. So you can add your ID Directly to file or add access in QMC. Then QlikView has ability to show that file in application using QVP Protocol