Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Open sales opportunities per month

Dear all,

I was already struggeling with finding an appropriate titel for this question but it should get clearer now.

I am pulling sales pipeline data from Microsoft Dynamics into QlikView and would like to create a bar chart for open opportunities at any point in time to see the development. The problem is, that I need to determine if an opportunity was open at any point in time by looking at the creation date and close date of each opportunity. To ease my task a bit, I already created creationdate_month, and actualclosedate_month so I don't need to worry about specific dates.

As dimension I use MonthID (201401, 201402,...) and the expression needs to evaluate if creationdate_month was existing before or created in the month AND closedate after the current month. A second expression should show those records where creationdate_month = actualclosedate_month. Result should be a bar chart with open opportunities per month.

Hope this is clear as mud 🙂

Thanks for your help in advance,

Henning

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use the approach described in this blog post: Creating Reference Dates for Intervals.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use the approach described in this blog post: Creating Reference Dates for Intervals.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot. If you can't formulate the right question, Google cannot help 🙂