Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EduardoG
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

PDF X-Change Lite v9.2.359.0 to replace PDF X-Change v3

Hi everyone,

I would like to share an issue which I am currently facing when trying to upgrade PDF X-Change v3 driver to the new driver provided by Tracker Software (PDF X-Change Lite v9.2.359.0)

For any reason everything works as expected with PDF X-Change v3, but not for the new PDF Printer driver X-Change Lite v9.2.359.0

When we try to run a PDF report from AccesPoint we get in just three or four seconds a PopUp message like this "Timeout has been exceeded".

If we try to run a PDF Report Distribution from a QVMC task we get the error below:

Error Could not print report. ErrorCode=PRINTER_NOT_FOUND. ReportID=Document\RP01
Error Could not save document stream to disk.. Exception=QVBWrapper.Exceptions.PdfPrintRetryException: Failed to print pdf. || at QVBWrapper.Document.GeneratePdfFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String reportId) || at QVBWrapper.Document.GetStream(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eDocumentType i_DocumentType, String i_URL, Boolean i_ShowToolBar, String i_ReportID)

Additionally, within the DistributionReport XML file located inside the QDS folder I have realised this tag of the XML is void. Probably because this issue won't allow QV Server to make the PDF report.

<FilePackageList/>

Please note that If we uninstall X-Change Lite v9.2.359.0 and install PDF X-Change v3  again, then everything works with no issues, but I need to upgrade that driver.

Any help will be really appreciated.

URL for Download the new driver:

Tracker Software Products :: Downloads (tracker-software.com)

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

PDF-XChange 3.0 is the only driver compatible with QlikView publisher in 12.50 and earlier. Starting in 12.60 PDF-XChange 3.0 is no longer installed with QlikView. It has been replaced with Microsoft Print to PDF. However you can still use PDF-XChange 3.0. See the below link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-set-what-PDF-printer-to-use-for-QlikView-Publisher/ta...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

PDF-XChange 3.0 is the only driver compatible with QlikView publisher in 12.50 and earlier. Starting in 12.60 PDF-XChange 3.0 is no longer installed with QlikView. It has been replaced with Microsoft Print to PDF. However you can still use PDF-XChange 3.0. See the below link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-set-what-PDF-printer-to-use-for-QlikView-Publisher/ta...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
EduardoG
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Lucas,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.