Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Parent-Child hierarchical sums/counts

I have a dashboard in QlikView which uses the Hierarchy feature in the script and which is used on the dashboard interface in the forms of a selection filter.

My dashboard consists of using organisation hierarchy levels, measuring how many incidents have occurred in each level. In the dashboard when I select an organisation level from the hierarchy selection filter, I am getting the count of incidents in that level.

So for example in Level 1 if there 50 incidents recorded then when selecting level 1 this will show 50 incidents in the count whether this is shown in a text box or a table.

I need to show an aggregated or accumulative count of incidents for the parent organisation level and the child organisation levels in the hierarchy.

The typical structure of the hierarchy tree is:

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

If Level 1 has 50 incidents, Level 2 has 10 incidents and Level 3 has 20 incidents, I need to show the count for the associative parent-child relationship when selected in a listbox.

So if in my listbox I have selected Level 1 then I should get 80 incidents rather than 50. (Level 1 = 50 + Level 2 = 10 + Level 3 = 20).

Can this be implemented in QlikView?

Does something have eo be done at data level before implementing this in QlikVIew?

8 Replies
avinashelite

can you share your app we need to check the how the data is linked with the other tables .

Ideally if you want all the counts of level1 than don't expand the try till level 3 ...without expanding click on level 1 it should give the underlining level count too..share your will check once

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This document Hierarchies by Henric is well worth a read.

Not applicable
Author

I have read this document and it does not really help me. It just gives a guide into how create hierarchies but my requirement is different and unique as no one has really implemented this (according to what I have seen on-line) 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think you'll need to share a sample qvw.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you post some sample data??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Throught peek(),Numsum()...I think we can achieve this..

Not applicable
Author

Can this all be achieved in the script?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yepp