Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Passing parameter through access point URL

hi all,

I want to pass a value from other application to my qvw while accessing through access point. can i attach the variable and its value in the access point URL and how to get those values in my qvw. I have to select something depending on the value. I read somthing related to this and noone explained how to or sample files. Kindly help me in it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dora

Not sure about access point, but I use a URL like the following:

"qvp://visualmagic.ccstaging.com/innovation/Investment Performance (Innovation).QVW?parm_FundName=" & param1 & "&parm_ReportingDate=" & param2 & "&parm_ComparisonDate=" & param3 & "&parm_Deal=" & param4 & "&parm_Investment=" & param5 & "&parm_ReportGroup=" & param6 & "&parm_AccountName=" & param7 & "&parm_Company=" & param8

The following are set up in the QlikView as variables:

parm_FundName

parm_ReportingDate

parm_ComparisonDate

etc

Those variables should hold the values you assign in the URL.

Good luck,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dora

Not sure about access point, but I use a URL like the following:

"qvp://visualmagic.ccstaging.com/innovation/Investment Performance (Innovation).QVW?parm_FundName=" & param1 & "&parm_ReportingDate=" & param2 & "&parm_ComparisonDate=" & param3 & "&parm_Deal=" & param4 & "&parm_Investment=" & param5 & "&parm_ReportGroup=" & param6 & "&parm_AccountName=" & param7 & "&parm_Company=" & param8

The following are set up in the QlikView as variables:

parm_FundName

parm_ReportingDate

parm_ComparisonDate

etc

Those variables should hold the values you assign in the URL.

Good luck,

Not applicable
Author

This is brilliant and exactly what I was after also as I like the idea of having links on an expression within a chart rather than a seperate button that calls actions. I was wondering if this could be used in exactly the same way except on the active document as oppose to a different document, so I want to pass a parameter to the current document I have open without having to reopen the document.

All help appreciated.

Cheers
Kev

Not applicable
Author

Looks like I've resolved my own issue, if you open the same document via the URL it doesn't completely reopen it which I was worried about, all sorted now.