Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Peek in TextBox

Hello, when i try to use this function: =peek('PRODOTTO', 1,'FATTI') in a TextBox or in a Variable, the sintax checker return error.

Is there anything i have done wrong?

PRODOTTO is the field, 1 is the record and FATTI is the table.

Thanks

17 Replies
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have tried with this: Let m_Prod = peek('PRODOTTO', 0,'FATTI');

and debugging the script it returns the first data of the column PRODOTTO (that is prod A), but if i insert the $(m_Prod) in the text field it will return this error: "Error Garbage after expression: A".

Can you help me?

Thanks

sunny_talwar

What happens when you put =m_Prod (without the $ and parenthesis) in a text object?

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It works, but is not always necessary the $ expansion before each variable reading?

Thanks

marcus_sommer

The suggestion from anbu cheliyan worked if you need to access distinct fieldvalues. If you need to access a fieldvalue from a certain table-record you need to extend these table with a rowno() ID which you then could use within the expression:

only({< RowNoID = {1}>} PRODOTTO)

- Marcus

sunny_talwar

Nope, $() is used when you have to evaluate a variable. If you just need the value from the variable without evaluating it, you don't use $().

In your case, when you used Peek function it spits out a value which can then be used without the $().

Best,

S

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Can you make me some examples?

Thanks!!

sunny_talwar

Look at the attached qvw. You might find this helpful.

Note: there are two variables and both will give you different result for with and without $()

HTH

Best,

S

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks

Marco