Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marleygt
Creator
Creator

Pie Chart, problem with labelling Expression

Hi all!

I need to display data names of legend on slices's pie chart of my project.

I found a discussion which should be somehow good for my case here.

Now, problem is I try first to use same sintax shown in the other discussion ---

Dual('MyLabel' & chr(10) & num(MyExpression, '0.0%'), MyExpression)  ---

but is not working at all, displaying this message: "all values below limit".

Original (working) Expression is: sum( {<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales))

and it's showing classical pie chart with legend and slices.

Request from customer is if possible to display same name in legend, on (or next to) slices of pie chart.

Dimension used is called DimensionFields and it contains 5 different dynamic fields.

Dimension is settled this way: =$(=DimensionFields)

Referring to expression above, I tryout this:

=Dual($(=DimensionsFields) & chr(10) & num(sum( {<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales)),sum( {<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales))))

I am not able to simulate right now with a sample, hope this could be enough to understand.

Any suggestion about the correct way to create a working expression with those data?

THANK YOU!

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marleygt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunindia!

Well, I've insisted a little bit on it...and I did it!

=Dual(

$(=DimensionsFields)& Chr(10) & num(Sum( {<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales)) Sum( TOTAL{<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales)))),'0,00%' ),

Sum( {<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales))/Sum( TOTAL{<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales))))

)

However, final result was not acceptable at all: in total displaying, information are too much and pie chart become too little or completely disappearing, moreover that legend's fields on slice, are overlapping.

So...I found the right expression but is not applicable this time.

Thank you anyway!

Alex

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you have a sample you can share? It will be easier to have a look at the sample

Best,

Sunny

marleygt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunindia!

Well, I've insisted a little bit on it...and I did it!

=Dual(

$(=DimensionsFields)& Chr(10) & num(Sum( {<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales)) Sum( TOTAL{<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales)))),'0,00%' ),

Sum( {<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales))/Sum( TOTAL{<Regions -={'5000'}>}$(vSales))))

)

However, final result was not acceptable at all: in total displaying, information are too much and pie chart become too little or completely disappearing, moreover that legend's fields on slice, are overlapping.

So...I found the right expression but is not applicable this time.

Thank you anyway!

Alex