Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table vertical and horizontal summing

Hi there

I have a problem with the calculation in a pivot table.  I need to sum a column (MG Value) vertically, but instead it’s taking into consideration the other dimensions.  In my example here “% of Total MG Value” should sum up to 100% but instead it’s see’s two dimensions and dividing this between the two (49.73% + 50.27% = 100%).  Where both of them should have been 100% on their own.

Im attaching a reduced data model for you.

Capture.PNG.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

A small correction in the expression would help:

sum([Total Portfolio Value]) / sum(TOTAL <MemberGroupName, PortfolioPeriod> [Total Portfolio Value])

View solution in original post

11 Replies
kristoferahlin
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Please see attached file. (You need to include also period in the TOTAL experssion)

Cheers,

Kristofer

tresesco
MVP
MVP

A small correction in the expression would help:

sum([Total Portfolio Value]) / sum(TOTAL <MemberGroupName, PortfolioPeriod> [Total Portfolio Value])

Not applicable
Author

That is so awesome.  I cant why i never tried that.  Silly mistake.

But thanks a lot Kristofer.  You're the best !!!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to you too Tresesco.  That solved my problem.  It means I can go home now (after a few days).

Not applicable
Author

Just a follow-up question please?  How do I get the other dimension (% of Total Fund Value) to add up to 100% at the bottom, instead of sharing it amongst the PortfolioYear dimensions.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

sum([Total Portfolio Value]) / sum(TOTAL  <FundName, PortfolioYear>  [Total Portfolio Value])

Not applicable
Author

I've tried that.  But it doesnt add up to 100% at the bottom. 

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It does with me. PFA

Not applicable
Author

It does add up to 100 if you only select 1 PortfolioYear.  But as soon as you select more than 1, it does not.