Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot table totals as a dimension

error loading image

I am attempting to create the above pivot table in Qlikview and running into a few problems.

I have created the pivot with the Day dimension down the left hand side and the "banding" dimension across the top. The Volumes and Percentages are working correctly as expressions. It's the "Total Processed" and "Total Query Free" fields that are causing me problems. Whilst I can get the "Total Processed" to appear by using "Show Partial Sums", it also sub-totals the percentage field, which I don't require.

My idea was to create both the "Total Processed" field and the "Total Query Free" field as dimensions, but thinking about it, that wouldn't work, as, for example, you'd have different totals for each Monday in the database.

Has anyone done something like this before and if so, could you provide some help?

Many thanks

Andrew

1 Reply
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm not sure quite what you're after. Sounds like you might want to add those columns as calculated dimensions? If so, they'd probably have this sort of general form:

aggr(...,Day)

So maybe something like this:

aggr(sum(Processed),Day)
aggr(sum(QueryFree),Day)

In case there's some confusion, I don't mean add these as dimensions in the script. I mean go into the chart properties, dimensions tab, and add them as calculated dimensions there.