Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pls clarify my doubt

hi all,

i have created a report in qlik view, from that report i want to generate pdf from access point.

can anyone guide me.  

Regards

Vignesh

5 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I don't think this is possible, unless you use some macros or Qlikview PDF distributor.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi ASHFAQ

I have using PDF generator in server, am doing send email through macro. But my requirement is in access point end user can create PDF for their selections ??? is it possible ?

Regards

Vignesh Babu.CV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I think its possible ...

for that the PDF generator printer has to be installed on the server and via macro you can supply command to export the data and send it to that specific printer which willl automatically create the pdf file which user can save in its local machine thereafter.

Hope this helps

Regards

Nitin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nithin,

Yes you are right, by the way i want to know the steps. I have installed a PDF Generator in server & wrote macro to send email. Using this i can create pdf & mail those pdf, this i have done already.

My exact requirement is when user access qlikview in access point through browser, from there based on users selections it should be generate the PDF. Is it possible ? is there any buttons or options to invoke PDF ???

Regards

Vignesh Babu.CV 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want that user can himself export data of any chart to pdf then providing buttons for exporting will not be feasible as via macro you will access specified reports or charts only then user will n ot have freedom to export any data.

For this case first of all make your pdf generator printer as default printer and provide the access to print from Caption tab.

This way at any time user can print the data wich will result in exporting data to pdf......