Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Problem - data not displayed

Hi,

why this is happening is quite clear to me: It is a "luxury problem" - still it is a problem because it just doesn't look right, even if it is:

- In this diagram I'm displaying lorry waiting_times in a new plant

=> Those are currently 0, which is actually very good

<=> My axis currently starts at 0, so that is hardly or not visible

<=> The target_value is 60 which  of course is out of range because, for what reason I don't know, the axis
       is in steps of 0.1, so the max_value in the diagram is currently 1.2

=>=> The diagram appears completely empty and devoid of data, even though the data is all there (as I can check
       using listboxes)

I have now manipulated both the min_value and the max_value of the axis so that the axis is from -1 to 70 - that way, the target_value (a fixed line) is still in scope.

<=> Still, even if I edit the background_colour, the as-is data isn't visible - I can make a listbox with that field, so it exists and it is connected with my calendar, but it contains only the value 0 - it effectively was 0 every day until now, so that's fine - but I'd still like to see it.

Can anybody help me here? I know QlikView is stubborn with values that don't exist - but this one seems to exist all right. Still, I'll experiment with just putting a 1 for a few days in the original list and seeing what that will do.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: Well, just as I thought - with a 1, I do see columns for every day - but, interestingly, those begin at the value 0 - since I have set the minimum_value to -1, that is a bit above the x-axis - so QlikView doesn't seem to work with that minimum_value below 0 at all?!

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

since the diagram works fine when I type a 1 in the original list, it seems quite clear that QlikView misinterprets the value 0 that is usually there as a NULL value, that is, as nonexistent. Consequently, the display fails...

The question thus is:

How can I make qlikView recognize a 0 as a legitimate value?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

this is also done.

I just realized that the reason was the type of display: I had set that to "columns". Now I changed it to "line", where the dots are connected, and now I have my display.