Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with AGGR and MAX Value on a DateRange

Hello everyone,

I got some problem to solve my expression, i tried a ton of solution but none worked...

I have this table :

Data:

LOAD * INLINE [

idData,codedocData, contributionData, DateData

1,  1, 1,  01/02/2015

2,  1, 11, 01/02/2015

3,  1, 12, 01/03/2015

4,  1, 19, 05/03/2015

5,  1, 15, 15/03/2015

6,  2, 1,  03/03/2015

7,  2, 11, 03/03/2015

8,  2, 12, 03/03/2015

9,  2, 19, 07/03/2015

10, 2, 15, 20/03/2015

11, 1, 59, 21/03/2015

12, 1, 15, 30/03/2015

];

I want to find between a range of date (StartDate, EndDate) the value (contributiondata) of the max idData by codedoc.

See the attached qvw.

Thanks if someone can help me !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Hope this is what you want.

Just FYI Just put the date as it is in Inputbox, no need to use date function for that.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Hope this is what you want.

Just FYI Just put the date as it is in Inputbox, no need to use date function for that.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why are you taking this?

Date('01/03/2015')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Thanks man !

Could you please explain this expression :

Sum( {<idData = {$(=Concat(total<codedocData> aggr( MAX({<DateData = {'>=$(vStart)<=$(vFrom)'} >}idData),codedocData),','))}>}contributionData)

for a new Qlik user?

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

I took this to test my range date with a begining and a end.

sunny_talwar

Is this what you want to get?

Capture.PNG

I used this expression:

Max({< DateData = {"$(='>=' & vStart & '<=' & vFrom)"} >} idData)

2 changes I did was to remove Aggr() function and the other one was to change the set analysis around. I removed Aggr(), because I didn't think it was required here. For set analysis, I think the best way is to check what you get when you put it in a text box object.

You had this: ='>=' & Date($(vStart)) & '<=' & Date($(vFrom))

Capture.PNG

Where as I played around with it by first removing the Date() function and then the dollar sign expansion to get this: ='>=' & vStart & '<=' & vFrom

Capture.PNG

Once you got the right date range in the right date field format, all you need is to take the text box expression and put it within the dollar sign expansion:

Max({< DateData = {"$(='>=' & vStart & '<=' & vFrom)"} >} idData)

HTH

Best,

Sunny

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

When you use the Max function in Set analysis, it will give you Max for overall set and not for individual dimension value, so what i did is I took the Max at Individual level and concatenated them, so that I can pass them in set analysis and get the required result.

$(=Concat(total<codedocData> aggr( MAX({<DateData = {'>=$(vStart)<=$(vFrom)'} >}idData),codedocData),','))

This function will do that.