Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrimBITEXAS
Contributor
Contributor

Profit and Loss Script Issue

I need help regarding my Profit and Lost table expression that works on Actuals (Jan-20, Feb-20, Mar-20 columns), however the +/- sign is negative for Budget numbers (Apr-20, May-20, Jun-20 columns) and the Contribution Margin % wont calculate. My current selections are the Actuals (Jan-20, Feb-20, Mar-20 columns) in this example.

temp1.png

SCRIPT:

vMonth=Max([Month Year])

=If(PLSign=1,
       Num(if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}-Amount), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}-Amount)),'#,##0;(#,##0)')
  ,If(PLLevel = 'p'
     , Num(if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}-Amount), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}-Amount))
       /if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}If(Object_Account>='400000' AND Object_Account<='499999',-Amount)), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}If(Object_Account>='400000' AND Object_Account<='499999',-Amount))),'#,##0.0%')
                ,If(Num(if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}-Amount), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}-Amount)), '#,##0;(#,##0)')
                 , Num(if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}Amount), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}Amount)), '#,##0;(#,##0)')
                )
              )
                     )

Other notes: the PLSign is to switch sign since the data base shows revenue as a negative. PLLevel with a P identifies the PL Group should be a “%”. 

Labels (8)
1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

can you attach a QVW?