Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Protecting the Design and script

How can I protect my Dashboard Design and deny access to the script, but at the same time allow it to run from the console?

IF anyone knows a great way. thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alfonso !

I don't know if you can hide the Dashboard Design, but the script, you can do this:

hwy.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alfonso !

I don't know if you can hide the Dashboard Design, but the script, you can do this:

hwy.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alfonso,

You can do that by adding a section access table (like below one for simplicity; add it at the start of your script, reload, save and reopen app to take effect, it'll ask for username and password):

//**************************************

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN

USER, USER, USER

];

Section Application;

//**************************************

Then have a look at the following and set your options :

- Settings > Document Properties > Security (uncheck for example Edit Script, check Admin Override Security to grant people with access type ADMIN all privileges on document and sheet level).

- Right-click on the sheet > Properties > Security (uncheck Copy/Clone objects, this can be done at the object level also in its properties > Layout > Allow Copy/Clone).

- You can add part or whole of the script within a hidden script for additional security (so even if admin can edit the script but doesn't have the password, he cannot see it). Usually we put the section access within a hidden script.

Hope this helps.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

hidden script, as previously suggested

and in menù

settings --> document properties --> security

(then use help button)