Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III

Publisher service name

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can find out the above?

I need to add it to my section access table but can't seem to figure out what it actually is!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

As said, you should be able to set alternative credentials for section access per document on the reload tab in QMC - Source Documents.

Or ask IT to give you the information needed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Open services from Windows Start Menu -> Administrative Tools and check the user the QDS (QlikView Distribution Service) service is running.

You should also be able to set a (different) user and password in source documents - Reload tab - Data protection area in QMC.

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the answer

I can see that the QDS is running normally and as expected, I still can't seem to find the name that I need to enable my reload task to work.

I keep getting the same error:

Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can't see the user under Log On tab in your Windows service's properties (not from QMC, open the Windows dialog)?

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I can't actually see the QDS within the Windows dialouge, I'm not sure if this is because our IT department have blocked my access to this function.

Is there any other way?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

As said, you should be able to set alternative credentials for section access per document on the reload tab in QMC - Source Documents.

Or ask IT to give you the information needed.