Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SariK
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QMC Daily Trigger - When moving from daylight savings time

We have task scheduled via QMC every night at 03:30 am.  Will this task be executed twice  in that night when moving from daylight savings time?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SariK
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the answer.

Here in Finland when we switched from summer time to winter time, the clocks were moved one hour back from 04.00 to 03:00.

But I got answer from one of my colleague: When task has been once executed via QMC at 03:30am it will not be executed twice a day. That is because the task got next execution time (Started/Scheduled column in QMC) to next day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Martijn_W
Contributor III
Contributor III

As you probably have noticed by now, no. The clock will go back to 2:00 AM after 2:59 AM. If you have your reload after 3:00 AM, it should not run twice.

Martijn_W
Contributor III
Contributor III

Here is some additional information on reload tasks in the QMC - see the part on daylight savings:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/create...

Please also consider disparate data sources, daylight savings can be a pain when suddenly external data doesn't become available at the 'same time'.

SariK
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the answer.

Here in Finland when we switched from summer time to winter time, the clocks were moved one hour back from 04.00 to 03:00.

But I got answer from one of my colleague: When task has been once executed via QMC at 03:30am it will not be executed twice a day. That is because the task got next execution time (Started/Scheduled column in QMC) to next day.