Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

QMC says "failed", but log shows no error - what happened?

Hi,

I have a problem here:

I have a small app that checks the contents of a certain directory - there should be 2 files there, following a certain pattern. If there are not exactly 2 files or that pattern is not right, an email is triggered.

That app works fine when I reload it locally.

This morning it was reloaded automatically on the Server and failed - there was an error in the logic which I repaired already. Now, however, when I launch it manually in QMC, it still turns red and says "failed"

<=> BUT the app-log finishes with the normal "EXIT" and I can find no error in there.

Can anyone help me there?

I will post the app-log for a start, but I can post the actual script_code, too, if you need it. There's nothing secret about this.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: You see in the log one line "IF Weekday(Today()) = 'Fri'  THEN" - the piece of code inside that loop (though I'm not sure why the closure of that loop is not in there) is clearly not executed - if it was, the code would be sure to fail because that loop is for a sub-directory where the files for the following week should be and thus, from Mon-Thu, it is very improbable that there should be 2 files as expected ...

11 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Joe,

that was not it - the server was now (after introducing the parameter 0 into the TODAY() function) skipping the code - the alert, which works on the GUI - was then looking at a variable that didn't exist. So it fired anyway.

I introduced the same WEEKDAY() function into the alert now and it works fine.

Not applicable

ah no worries, good to know and glad you got it sorted