Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 9 Personal Edition Keylength has reached its maximum

Hi all,

I downloaded QV9 PE and created an application for serveral days.

Now it's not possible to open the application again. I have always the message "Keylength has reached its maximum" and "the document xxxx failed to load"

I try to open an old backup file of my application or create a new application. I have always the same message and it's not poosible to open it.

Do anyone have an answer?

Regards

Gert

25 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am having the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not applicable
Author

Gert,

I am experiencing the same thing:

1. Open QV9 and create a new document.
  2. Immediately save and close the blank document. Close QV9.
  3. Reopen QV9 and the saved document.
    The following error message appears : Keylength has reached its maximum.
    When click OK, the following error message appears : The document [path+documentname] failed to load
    When click OK, the following error message appears : Failed to open document.

Same behaviour if I simply open and save any example document under another name. Tongue Tied

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling QV9. No success.

Laurence

Not applicable
Author

Your Problem is sent to our Quality Assurance for investigation

Kind regards

QlikView Support

Not applicable
Author

Same problem here. I hope there will be a solution soon.

Not applicable
Author

Hi! Same problem here. Workaround: open file in QLikView 8.5 and keep working. Hope there is a fix soon.

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately for some of us QV 8.5 trial version is limited to a few days!

Not applicable
Author

We are investigating this issue right now. It will be fixed in next service release.

Not applicable
Author

Same problem with me......I hope I do not have to do the work all over again please help!

Alex

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem. I spendt a week working on an application as a test for development at work. It worked until i cleaned my computer with the program CCleaner (removes cookies, tempfiles and so on). and now i cant open any of my qvw files. I hope my work is not lost.

I dont get any option to recover the file, nor have i used any of the 4 times i can recover it. And it is still on the same computer as i installed qlikview.

Keylength has reached it's maximum (or. Nyckelen får inte innehålda fler tecken, in Swedish version).