Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVW not refreshing using Management Console

I have an application Pull.qvw that hits against our datawarehouse to pull data.  It then creates QVD files that are then read in to another production application.  I was able to refresh the application locally on my machine this morning using the desktop version, hitting our CERT db.  However when we moved the application onto our CERT server and tried to refresh the document using the Management Console (MC) we aren't seeing any results.

One of the pieces of the script returns a large piece of data with a few million records.  When I commented out this piece of code the application refreshed using the MC.

Is there a timeout issue happening here?  The refresh took about 15 minutes on my local machine and I'm worried that the MC is timing out the data pull.

We also can't seem to find any log files for the refreshes to see exactly what's going wrong. I have added the Generate Log File in settings to the application and we've tried to run it again, but the session log that we found is from 11am when we have run these many times since.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is there any Section Access applied? The task in QMC is running under account that the distribution service (in windows Services) is running, therefore this account needs to be in Section Access too.

Not applicable
Author

the application log file will be in the same folder as the .qvw itself on the server.  the server logs won't help you.

other things to try-

- check the path where the qvds are being stored.. can the server get to the path?  if it's hard-coded, or somehow not accessible from the server the whole reload will fail.

- database connection: is it configured the same on your server as it is on your desktop? same credentials?

- change your code that pulls from the table with a few million records to just pull a few records.  perhaps select top 100, or use a where clause that limits the data.  just to see that you can connect to the table.

- for these situations, it's helpful to have the ability to remote in (remote desktop) to your server, and run qlikview desktop client on the server, to see if the reload can complete.  this is a common technique.