Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Essbase connector

Hello Friends,

We are trying to use the Qlik Essbase connector to connect to Essbase. Once we provide all details in the Essbase Connection wizard (XMLA server address, port) we get Data source populated and then we gave essbase authentication.

Test Connection is giving error below-

Test Connection

Connection failed:

Cannot connect to Essbase Sever at "ourSharedService".

Network error [10061]: Failed to connect to [our SharedService hostname:1423]

** We have Essbase server on linux and Provider service (Shared Service) on another server (Win).

Do we have to use Shared Service hostname with 13080 Or Essbase Server hostname with 1423 in the essbase connection wizard?

Any suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks.

26 Replies
bcolletteaxis
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We are having similar problems.  We can get the connection string to essbase to work and pull data within QlikView, but when we leverage the same connect to statement in Qlik Sense, we receive the following error:

QVX_UNKNOWN_ERROR: Cannot connect to Essbase Server. Error:Essbase Error(1042003): Network Error [11001]: Failed to retrieve name information for [essbasecluster-1"]

Anyone have any suggestions here?

Bill

dyo
Employee
Employee

Make sure you are on a recent version of Essbase and Provider services.  Older versions of Provider Services (XMLA provider) had some bugs in which it did not properly parse the XMLA request.  Also, you have selected all measures for 10 levels down.  This is not a good practice.  I see many times people want to grab the entire cube and that is like trying to run a single SQL statement to pull your entire data warehouse.  It just won't work and Essbase will complain about too much data being pulled.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi David,

Yes I have selected all the dimension in one MDX query because I need to make a associative model in Qlik. Cube works with multi dimension as if there is a number 100 , so it is bifurcated to all the dimensions.

If I select one parent dimension and parent measure and then second parent dimension and same parent measure so how will in link these two data set.

fetching data in chunk is possible but please tell me the way how to associate these multiple data sets in one. I donot find cube return any key.

Please add your input asap

dyo
Employee
Employee

In general this is an issue with Essbase data.  By its nature Essbase summarizes data based on it's hierarchies. If you really want the detail data, why not grab the same source that feeds Essbase.  Essbase is never going to be good at having a single MDX query to dump all of its Essbase data.  that is like writing a single SQL statement to pull all of your Data warehouse data.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Thanks for your input David. Since first day I knew this all what you have added now. But I don't want to let any stone un turned. Now for conclusion:

If client will not provide the files which they used to fill to Essbase and fetching data(Essbase data size is 60-70 GB) in chunk can't make a associative model , So what is the possible solution?

Is Qlik Essbase Connector is not able to fetch the data from Essbase which can create a associative model ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

I am trying connect to essbase through Qlikview using the essbase connector. I input the XMLA server address and port and the data sources populate but when i put in my credentials and try to test connection i get a client timed out error.

Please note that I configured Essbase env with the following parameters

NETDELAY 1000

NETRETRYCOUNT 600

NETTCPCONNECTRETRYCOUNT 10

Am i getting the values wrong? Any help would be appreciated.