Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ch_riadh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Sense QVD

Hello.

With Qlik Sense Desktop, After extracting a table from a database (SQL), i store the table in a QVD and then i can use it.

but

With Qlik Sense server if i want to do the same think ! it have to be stored in the repository data base or where ?
and how the Schedule Service will do the auto reload. ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The qvd will be stored on the file system. While you can use absolute paths (as long as the Qlik Server has access to that path) you should use a folder connection that you added to the library:

Store * from mytable into 'lib://FolderConnection/myfile.qvd';

You can then later load date from that qvd, for example in another app, using the same library connection.

See the online help for more information: Store ‒ Qlik Sense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The qvd will be stored on the file system. While you can use absolute paths (as long as the Qlik Server has access to that path) you should use a folder connection that you added to the library:

Store * from mytable into 'lib://FolderConnection/myfile.qvd';

You can then later load date from that qvd, for example in another app, using the same library connection.

See the online help for more information: Store ‒ Qlik Sense

ch_riadh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you

But what do you mean by library connection.
I have to create a Library from the Console management ? and then store the DVD there ?

ch_riadh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

if i want to do an auto  reload i think i have to use store the table in a Lib. right ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I have to create a Library from the Console management ?

Yes. See the Folder data connection settings section on this help page: Connect to data sources ‒ Qlik Sense

and then store the DVD there ?

I usually store my DVD's in a box along with my CD's, but you're free to store them wherever you like.

ch_riadh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

and if i want to do an auto reload i think i have to use store the table in a Lib. right ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No.The connection to the folder in which it is stored is added to the library. The qvd is stored on the file system. The qvd file is referenced using the connection from the library.

ch_riadh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

so what is the differance between store the QVD in my hard Drive and Store it in the Repository Database ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The first is what happens and the second is what doesn't happen. QVD files are stored on the file system, not in the database.

ch_riadh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

file system, you mean hard drive, like with qlikview right ?

So why i need the repository database ?