cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jad_harb
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense continuous integation/deployment pipeline

In our Qlik Sense app development life-cycle, we are thinking that there must be a way to build a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipeline and include some basic automated testing within the promotion workflow.

Seems like I can use the QDF to structure my repositories, GIT to manage my source code, but how about automating the workflow, so that a check-in can trigger a rebuild, deployment and execute automated tests?  After manual testing then a one click promotion of all artifacts to production (using Jenkins for instance)?

Can you please refer to current best practices and assets we can leverage in building a continuous deployment pipeline for Qlik Sense?

6 Replies
vermeulen123
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Have you been able to get any traction with regards to this we are at the same point and looking at some stuff but have not been able to get anything concrete as yet

jad_harb
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Qaadir,

We kicked it off, we started leveraging Qlik Sense APIs.

phil.asmar‌ can give you hints about it.

Jad

vermeulen123
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are using WIP from ebiexperts to do the job. Planning, development, source control, quality check, packaging, and release are covered and uch more

We started continuous integration in agile mode, and setup a DevOps procedure using WIP Integration REST API from Jenkins and it works well.

All steps of DevOps are now covered by the tool, what more...

jad_harb
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Thomas,

That's great news! We've also built a framework for application and release management (Versioning, one click deployment).

Would you be available some time soon to share from your end and our end what we've done?

Thanks,

Jad

mirasifali
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Jad,

Were you able to get ahead with this ? We are also looking for automating the Qliksense deployment through Jenkins ?

Regards,

Asif.