Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik View Cloud failed to upload

I created my 1st app on Desktop using some SQL Server data as a source through an ODBC connection. I'd like to upload that to the Cloud service, but it has failed twice (well, I just get a spinner for many minutes). No errors and no idea what I am doing wrong. In my case (SQL Server source data), do I have to upload that as a flat file and build the app in the Cloud or does my local app encapsulate the data or some other option?

Thanks

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO Qlik Sense Cloud is for Qlik Sense apps only.

Not applicable
Author

Within my app on Desktop is an option to Upload to Qlik Cloud and that is what is failing. Seems to start the process and just spins with no reported errors and no completion event. Just tried it again and see the Qlik Cloud is "down for maintenance." I'm guessing Qlik Cloud is not ready for prime time since what I was trying to do was pretty simple. Might be a "There's nothing here to see, move on" scenario!

MarcoWedel

are you talking about Qlik Sense or QlikView?

Not applicable
Author

Qlik Sense Desktop is where I am creating apps.

Today, I was able to finally upload the app to the Cloud, but cannot find how to share the app with others. I've read various posting here and most end up pointing to some forum I don't have access to.

My 48-hour after install view is that much of this is not ready for prime time. I've had Desktop just crash on me, QlikView Cloud either fails to take an upload, is unavailable (like last evening) or so cryptic to use that I'm not sure I would get good marks from my customers for deploying it as a tool in our applications. Seems like it should not take 10 minutes to figure out how to share an app.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Better move your discussion to the Qlik Sense Forums. There is a specific forum about Qlik Sense Cloud. See Qlik Sense Cloud

You're posting in "New to QlikView" at the moment, which isn't the proper venue.

MarcoWedel

seems to work pretty straightforward to me.

regards

Marco