Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manish
Creator
Creator

Qlik deployment Framework Tool and what kind of folder structure we should follow

Hi All

Is qlikview deployment framework tool is an open source or a licensed version?

Secondly we are planning a fresh implementation of Qlik at our location so  what kind of folder structure we should follow and why?

Please note we don't have a publisher .

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

There is no licencing fees for using the QDF, its freely available at GitHub. I'm not sure about the legal stuff such as under which license it is released.  @Magnus_Berg do you have anything to add in this matter?

Regarding the file structure on the server there are no correct answers, it all depends on your business needs, but I would recommend you to consider to separate end user applications from data preparation and transform applications to avoid cluttering in the Accesspoint. 

View solution in original post

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thanks for noticing! QDF is under the MIT license, added into git now (strange that on other seen this blunder before)
Regarding file structure it's as Vegar states, different for every customer, but if you are starting using Qlik I recommend a simplistic structure, start with one or two "project/department" containers and see how far that will take you. 
Regards Magnus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

There is no licencing fees for using the QDF, its freely available at GitHub. I'm not sure about the legal stuff such as under which license it is released.  @Magnus_Berg do you have anything to add in this matter?

Regarding the file structure on the server there are no correct answers, it all depends on your business needs, but I would recommend you to consider to separate end user applications from data preparation and transform applications to avoid cluttering in the Accesspoint. 

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thanks for noticing! QDF is under the MIT license, added into git now (strange that on other seen this blunder before)
Regarding file structure it's as Vegar states, different for every customer, but if you are starting using Qlik I recommend a simplistic structure, start with one or two "project/department" containers and see how far that will take you. 
Regards Magnus