Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjkitts998
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView Dashboard keeps freezing when I try to reload the data

My QlikView dashboard keeps freezing when I try to reload the data. Any Help? Also anyone know if there will be office hours this week?

8 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Sounds like a possible bug / installation issue / something of that nature. It would probably be best to contact your local Qlik reseller/partner/whatever and see if they can help you. If you'd like help from the community, you're going to have to be way more specific than "Freezing when I try to reload", unfortunately.

sjkitts998
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey thanks I appreciate it. Yeah wasn't sure what else to say besides it freezing because I can open the file and then click the reload button and it just doesn't do anything.

Or
MVP
MVP

Assuming the reload button isn't grayed out (in which case you may not have access to reload something, e.g. Open in Server scenario), this does sound like some sort of bug. Are you able to access the script editor? Are you able to use debug mode from script editor?

sjkitts998
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am able to edit the Script editor...I was able to use the debug mode from the script but nothing really stood out. Still very new to QlikView

Or
MVP
MVP

One more thing I'd try - copy your script over to a fresh QVW and see if it'll run there. That should rule out a corrupt QVW or something of that nature.

You should make sure your script is correct and that you aren't setting off some sort of query/load that takes forever, as this can look like QV is frozen when it is in fact trying to get your results.

sjkitts998
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ahhh that makes sense! Thank you. Will try ASAP

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

is the progress window displayed when you start the reload?  If so, does the elapsed time display keep incrementing or does it stop?

-Rob

semihorcen
Contributor
Contributor

Dears same thing happened to me after windows update. 
QV 12 desktop app gets open I can open script editor, debugger but reload does not work and app gets frozen.
Even it does not reload previously working documents.
I close from tas manager but could not solve the issue ..