Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmassari
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikView Desktop: ODBC ISSUE

Hi everyone,

have you ever reported some issue with ODBC on QlikView Desktop installed on Win10?

I'm upgrading a QlikView Server from 11.20 to 12.40; with Server no problem reported, but when i upgrade Qlikview Desktop on notebook with Win10 I report an issue when I try to connect to an ODBC Source.

When I try to connect to an ODBC source the client takes very long time to respond, and it doesn't show me the list of ODBC Sources created.

I'm installing QlikView Desktop - April 2019 (12.40).

Any Ideas to solve that?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing coming to mind here is something in the Desktop Settings.ini is not happy.  If possible, I would recommend renaming the existing one and let that recreate and see what that does.  You may have to do a bit of reconfiguration etc., but if that fixes the issue for you... 🙂

You want to look for that Settings.ini in the following path:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

Just let me know how things go, and I can maybe think of something else if this does not work.  I checked 12.40 SR1 release notes, there were no fixes mentioned there for anything like this either, so I think this is the best thing to try first.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.