Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dclark0699
Creator
Creator

Oracle ODBC Setup In QMC

Hi all,

process to write a row back to Oracle database worked fine before upgrading to 18c in Qlikview. Now continuously getting

SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 1456, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01456: may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a READ ONLY transaction

User Preferences set to allow read/write, script settings set to allow read/write, mode is write in the connection string, odbc set up does not have the read only box checked.

Not sure what else it could be. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

For this one the correct community is going to be the Oracle Community, not Qlik, as the issue is in the Oracle side of things, not Qlik as far as I can tell as the error you are receiving is one we are displaying that is being generated by Oracle and the Oracle connector/driver, so I suspect Oracle has changed something in their driver that likely needs a tweak to the connect string etc.  

That being said, have you attempted to recreate the connect string, and more importantly, did you update the Oracle driver on the machine running QlikView as well?  Be sure to do that, and once you have updated, then try things again, if that still throws error, I would try to recreate the connection string in the script and hopefully that will then get things working, but if not, I would check Oracle Forums as well for further clues.  Sorry I do not have a better answer for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, Did you made the changes in edit script settings tab? 

dclark0699
Creator
Creator
Author

I did check the box on the settings tab in the script editor

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

For this one the correct community is going to be the Oracle Community, not Qlik, as the issue is in the Oracle side of things, not Qlik as far as I can tell as the error you are receiving is one we are displaying that is being generated by Oracle and the Oracle connector/driver, so I suspect Oracle has changed something in their driver that likely needs a tweak to the connect string etc.  

That being said, have you attempted to recreate the connect string, and more importantly, did you update the Oracle driver on the machine running QlikView as well?  Be sure to do that, and once you have updated, then try things again, if that still throws error, I would try to recreate the connection string in the script and hopefully that will then get things working, but if not, I would check Oracle Forums as well for further clues.  Sorry I do not have a better answer for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

Dealing with the same issue here.  It works in Desktop though. We upgraded from Qv Server Nov 2017 to Nov 2018