Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView SR2 fails to work in IE11. What can be the solution?

Hi,

We’ve found out that scrolling doesn’t work in list-boxes and check-boxes in QlikView dashboard published on the server in Internet Explorer 11. We're currently using SR2 verseion.

This bug is extremely critical for us, as lots of our clients use IE11. It means that they won’t be able to use the dashboard.

Have you noticed it before? What can be the solution?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mattias_Malré
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Larisa

I'm no expert on the matter but I seem to recall this beeing solved in 11.20 SR5. So an update to that version should make it compatible with IE11.

Hope that helps.

-Matt

I accept cookies.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Mattias_Malré
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Larisa

I'm no expert on the matter but I seem to recall this beeing solved in 11.20 SR5. So an update to that version should make it compatible with IE11.

Hope that helps.

-Matt

I accept cookies.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Mattias!

I'm afraid that my company will not be able to switch from SR2 to SR5 fast. There are some internal reasons why it can't be done fast.

Can there be some alternative?

I mean if standard scrolling in list-box doesn't work in SR2, can I tune this list-box somehow? If not than can I import some externel check-box to QlikView?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

Mattias_Malré
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello again

In that case I suggest you reach out to our Support team through the Qlik.com website (Technical Product Support | Qlik)

I'm not promising there is an alternative route to take, but they would at least know more than me regarding this matter.

All the best

-Matt

I accept cookies.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

ian_wilson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Larisa, I understand your frustration.  I work with our largest customers, so I understand that changing software can be difficult.

If you stay with IE11 on SR2 and get around the listbox issue, I am worried your users will run into other problems.  You can use the Qlik Community (and the internet) to look for extensions that mirror listbox and other objects behavior.  I don't know of anything off the top of my head though.  Most extensions are built to cover more complicated functionality.

Is it possible for your company to roll Internet Explorer back to version 10?  QlikView 11.2 SR2 is when we began supporting IE10.  (NOTE: SR5 is also when we began support for Windows 2012 R2.)

Honestly, the best course of action would be to upgrade to at least SR5.  Though I would recommend upgrading to SR10 Update 1 as that will have many bug fixes and improvements.  Would it help with your organization's change management process to argue that going from QlikView 11.2 SR2 to QlikView 11.2 SR10 Update 1 is not a change in versions but just service releases, more in line with Windows updates?

Please don't hesitate to contact us in Product Support if you need.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Ian!